“But this much I can tell you, that if you do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not.” (Mosiah 4:30)
I read this scripture quite randomly one day, and like a magnet, four words captured my attention and pulled me in: watch; observe; continue; remember. So what was King Benjamin trying to convey? If you have not done so recently, I encourage you to reread Mosiah 2-4.
Just a few thoughts…
- God is so much bigger than who we are. He is the creator of all things; He is all wisdom and power in heaven and earth. It is He that lends breath each day.
- We, as His creation, cannot begin to comprehend him. Rather, we must simply believe in and accept Him, acknowledge our own nothingness before Him, repent and put sin aside, and seek His forgiveness in diligence and humility.
- Rejoice and be filled with the love of God. Grow in our knowledge of Him and His truth. Observe and keep His commandments.
- Live in peace and impart naturally to those around us who are in need — always mindful that we are all beggars before God. Everything belongs to Him.
- Teach others of God’s love in truth and soberness.
- Do all these things in wisdom and good order.
“And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings year are only in the service of your God.” (Mosiah 2:17)
Life is that simple. What we think matters. What we say matters. What we do matters. It matters to God; it matters for His Kingdom here on earth; it matters to us and to those around us.
It is, in fact, a matter of life eternal.
Imagine if the whole world was “watching”…”observing”…”continuing”…
This article has undergone ministry review and approval.
Thank you dear Sister…what a timely reminder for me, as I prepare for work…I enjoyed reading it and it will help me GREATLY, throughout the day…God Bless