Calling all kids! Today’s blog post is especially for you. And it’s a video! (Hot diggity dog!)
(You not a kid? Forward today’s post to a child in your life.)
Introducing a new column for kids called…
Superheroes of the Bible and Book of Mormon
Kids will learn about heroes from scripture that (interestingly enough) connect to modern-day comic-book heroes.
Each lesson will include a:
- Life Application
- Memory Verse
This video introduces Captain Moroni, a military leader who reminds us of Captain America. Watch the video for the full lesson.
Title of Liberty Craft
- Fabric cut into a rectangle (or an old pillowcase)
- Fabric markers or permanent markers
- Craft glue
- Wooden stick or chopstick
The video explains these steps:
- Cut the fabric into a rectangle. The one shown is approximately 8 inches by 12 inches.
- Insert the wooden stick behind the fabric
- Fold the left side of the fabric approximately 1 inch around the wooden stick.
- Glue the fabric.
- Write the memory verse on the fabric.
- Pretend to be Captain Moroni and wave the flag. 😊
Like this children’s video lesson? Sister Linda has more planned for the future—all about superheroes in scripture!
This article has undergone ministry review and approval.
Beautiful job Sister.
Very cute 🥰 Our children of the Church need to be taught of all the Heroes of the Scriptures like this at their level like this. Jesus preached in Parables because stories are easier to remember and they remind us relating to our own lives.👍
Looking forward to next lesson😊