Good Word Friday Theme: Refreshment and new life
Today’s passage in Ephesians instructs new Christians to leave their old, corrupt ways behind and pattern their lives (inner and outer) after God in righteousness and holiness. What does that mean for us?
- It means finding renewal in Christ’s forgiveness of our sins.
- It means finding rest in reconciliation with our holy God.
- It means discovering fresh purpose for our lives.
- It means realizing the joy of serving others as an act of glorifying God.
- It means freedom from seeking fulfillment in earthly things that can never satisfy.
This is the newness of life that we find in Jesus Christ.
“Put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.” (Ephesians 4:24)
This article has undergone ministry review and approval.