Giving gifts is one of the joys of Christmastime. And, more importantly, it’s a type and shadow of God’s gift to us — His only Son!
Some people put a lot of thought into the gifts they give others, especially their closest family and friends. But sometimes you just need a quick little goody. Today, we’re going to show you how to use our Good Cheer Greetings to create small, last-minute Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers.
You can use these as party favors, thank-you tokens, or calendar fillers.
Merry Message Magnets
- Good Cheer Greeting printed in size 2×3
- Tiny canvas – I found mine at Walmart but you can also use a wooden craft square
- Paint and brush
- Mod Podge – I used glossy
- Magnetic tape strips – Magnetic discs should work, too
1. Trim the Good Cheer Greeting so that it’s the exact size of the tiny canvas.
2. Paint the sides of your canvas in a color that complements your Good Cheer Greeting, and let it dry. Give it another coat for good measure. Not sure which color to use? Black will never fail you. (You can totally skip this step if you want.)
3. Apply a layer of Mod Podge to the entire canvas, and affix the Good Cheer Greeting to the front. Cover it with another layer of Mod Podge. Let dry.
4. Cut the magnetic tape to fit the back of the canvas. Peel the protective plastic off, and affix the tape. You might need to actually glue the tape strips to the canvas. I got mixed results just using the magnet’s stickiness alone.
5. Stick ’em to the fridge (or your locker, white board, etc.) and enjoy. Or pop one into a cute baggie for a small gift.
Praiseworthy Gift Pouches
Discarded toilet paper rolls make the basis for these simple gift pouches, which you can fill with tiny treats. Place one of these little packets in your mailbox as a gift for your postal worker, or position one on each place setting at your Christmas dinner table.
- Good Cheer Greetings size 1×1.5
- Toilet paper roll
- Paper covering cut to fit the TP roll – Can use cardstock, gift wrap, tissue paper, etc.
- Embellishments – Ribbon, stick-on gems/pearls, etc.
1. Cover the toilet paper roll with decorative paper. I secured it with a tape strip.
2. With your finger, push down on the edge of the roll on one side. Repeat on the other side. Then, turn the roll upside down and do the same thing at the other end.
3. Decorate the packet with the Good Cheer Greeting and other pretties.
4. Open one of the ends to fill with treats — candy, small toys, dollar bills — and then re-close.
This article has undergone ministry review and approval.