Today’s article, written by Sister Gabrielle Jasmin, is part of our Friday guest column hosted by the young people from the Lake Worth Branch, Florida.
What made me love Christ was not that “ah-ha” moment that everyone expects to have. What made me love Christ is when I felt upside-down, rotated around from all sides like a Rubik’s cube.
Christ took me, held me, and said “I’ll take her.” Now I can stand in front of Him, with all my flaws, faults, and sins. I now know, through his grace and love, He fully accepts me as I am.
As you continue your journey with him your love for him will grow!
A Few Ways to Start Growing Our Love
1. Give without expecting it in return (Proverbs 21:26)
2. Trust without wavering (1 Corinthians 13:7)
3. Forgive without punishing (Colossians 3:23-24)
4. Listen without interrupting (Proverbs 18)
5. Enjoy without complaint (Philippians 2:14)
6. Answer without arguing (Proverbs 17:1)
7. Keep promises (Matthew 5:37)
8. Speak without accusing (James 1:19)
9. Be patient in all things (1 Corinthians 13:4)
10. Learn to let it go (Ephesians 4:27-32)
Next Friday: Brother Gianni DiFede writes to us about staying connected in college.
Correction to Yesterday’s Post
There was an error in yesterday’s post, Rejection vs. Redemption. The author is Sister Rachel Alessio.
This article has undergone ministry review and approval.