Treasure Hunt for Troubled Times
I saw a cute cartoon the other day with an illustration of a frazzled woman, and the words next to her said, "I'm ready for some blessings that aren't in disguise."
It made me chuckle because I've felt that way many times. So often, the Lord uses trials, struggles, and afflictions to teach me important lessons that I couldn't have learned otherwise and to bless me in ways I couldn't appreciate otherwise.
Are you walking through hard times right now? Are you bombarded by temptations? Weary from croaking out the same prayer year after year? Facing serious consequences for doing the right thing?
For me personally, when I find myself in the middle of a storm, the TV just doesn't cut it. Song lyrics don't cut it. Instagram quotes and Pinterest slogans don't cut it. Only the Word of God can provide true comfort and peace — because I know it's truth.
Here's a little treasure hunt for troubled times. It's not so much a quiz as it is a "seek and find"-type activity that will hopefully direct you to some life-giving and soul-healing scriptures.
1. Peter talks about being "in heaviness through manifold temptations." Do you feel that way right now? If so, Peter says you should rejoice. Why??
2. Paul tells the Romans that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with what?
3. Ether tells us that we receive no "witness" (i.e. resolution, answer) until when?
4. According to Hebrews 2, why is Christ qualified to support those who are tempted?
5. Why is the man who endures temptation blessed, according to James?
6. With God, all things are ________________________!
7. And we know that ________________________ work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
a. all our good deeds
b. all our sufferings
c. all our mistakes
d. all things
8. Sometimes we're not sure which road to take. According to Proverbs, what do you need to do in order for God to "direct thy paths"?
9. The psalmist says that before he was afflicted he _________________. But now that he's suffered through it, what's he doing?
10. Paul tells the Corinthians that though the outward man perishes, yet ______________________________.
We hope these scriptures uplifted you today! If you want, send us your responses, and we'll post the answers next Friday!
This article has undergone ministry review and approval.