Top 10 Takeaways from October Conference 2015
For those who were unable to attend the recent General Church Conference, here is a quick “Top 10” points you may find of interest:
1. We witnessed the ordination of two new Apostles on Sunday, October 11 as Brother Frank Natoli and Brother Paul Aaron Palmieri were ordained into that office. A wonderful vision was witnessed in which several deceased Apostles entered the room to participate in the ordinations.
2. The Region Operations Leadership Team (ROLT) conducted a presentation for the general priesthood to provide advice relative to efforts to recover inactive members of The Church.
3. The Quorum of 12 Apostles conducted a review session for the general priesthood on conducting the various ordinances of The Church in order to promote consistency among the priesthood in performing these ordinances (baptism, communion, feet washing, etc.).
4. The Native American Outreach Committee (NAOC) shared plans for a full day of fasting and prayer and discussions relative to The Church’s outreach to the Seed of Joseph. The session is scheduled for Saturday, November 14, 2015 at the Liberty, OH Branch.
5. Plans were announced for a special day of focused spiritual activity during the April 2016 General Church Conference. On Friday, April 15, 2016, the ministry will begin the day by participating in fasting and prayer, communion, and feet washing in the morning. The afternoon meeting will be open to all with the exact agenda to be determined. An evening meeting conducted by the GMBA is also planned. More details will be forthcoming in the months to come.
6. An update was given on Volume 3 of The Church History Book. The book will cover the years 1960 and 2000. A more exact date for publication will be announced next year.
7. The Church spending plan for 2016 was unveiled. Due to a lower level of donations coming to The Church, some activities need to be curtailed. The Church encourages all members to do the best they can with donations so we can accomplish all that the Lord is directing.
8. Evangelist Joseph Ross concluded a 45-year term of service with the General Church Board of Trustees. Brother Joe was presented with a small token of gratitude from The Church.
9. The General Ladies Uplift Circle (GLUC) continued its support of The Church’s missionary efforts with sizable donations to the work in Zambia and Ecuador.
10. The GMBA announced the theme and date of next year’s GMBA Campout. The theme will be “The Way” and the camp is scheduled for July 2-8, 2016.
See the Sunday Meeting!
If you haven't already seen it, here is a link to a video of the Sunday service, including the ordinations. To watch, you must create a free Livestream account if you don't already have one. All it requires is a username and password.
This article has undergone ministry review and approval.