Summer Reading Challenge Discussion Forum — And a Prize Winner!
We officially have 50+ people participating in the Summer Reading Challenge! We're so pleased that you've signed up. (So pleased, in fact, that we have a little surprise for you at the end of this post.) We also suspect there may be more of you who are participating but haven't officially emailed to tell us.
Last year, we dedicated a space where readers could discuss the assigned scriptures. We've decided to dedicate this post for that purpose this year. It's not super fancy, but please consider this blog post your official spot for comments and discussion about the passages you're reading.
How do you discuss? Well, if you're reading this on email, it means you should click on the title of this blog post. That takes you to the Gospel Blog website, where you can leave a comment at the bottom of the post. Bookmark this page so you can come back to it whenever you have something to say.
Here are the "rules" of participating in this discussion:
1. Read the comments that people posted before you.
2. Say something thoughtful about what somebody else said, or respond to someone else's question.
3. Share your own thoughts, or ask a question that you have.
Here are a few questions to get you started. Respond to any of them anytime!
1. Is this your first time reading the Book of Mormon? Your first time reading it cover to cover?
2. How are you fitting in your reading each day? Do you have any tips to share?
3. What new thought, inspiration, or question has occurred to you so far?
4. Have you seen any changes in your life since you've started the challenge?
We want to reiterate that you can join the Summer Reading Challenge anytime before it ends in August. Just email us and let us know you're participating. Remember, we'll give away random prizes to participants at the end ... actually ...
We can't wait till the end! Maybe it's because we're so excited. Maybe it's because it's Friday the 13th.
We're going to give away a prize NOW to one participant who signed up!
We assigned all participants a number based on the order in which they emailed us, and we let Random.org pick a winner.
And the winner is...
Sister Vanessa Watson!
Sister Vanessa gets to choose one of these beautiful handmade scripture prints.
Remember, we may be giving out little prizes periodically throughout the Summer Reading Challenge, but the real rewards come along the journey.
And last but not least, your weekend assignments:
Today: 2 Nephi 28-30
Saturday: 2 Nephi 31-33 (Congrats on making it through the first two books of Nephi!!)
Sunday: Jacob 1-3