Spread the Good Word: Psalm 34:14
If you want a motto for your everyday interactions with other people, here it is. Let's think about how we can all apply today's Good Word in our day-to-day lives.
Depart from Evil
- Don't place value on evil or worldly things.
- Don't ally ourselves with people who place value on evil or worldly things.
- Don't see how close we can get to evil without actually "touching it."
- Let the goodness of God fill us up inside so that it spills over into our outward actions.
- Don't just think good — let's do it!
- Ask Jesus for the help we need to bounce back when we fall.
- Search the scripture for a godly understanding of what peace is.
- Pray to God for more inner peace as well as "outer" peace in our relationships with others.
- Try not to stir up trouble with our words or actions.
- Don't let arguments escalate, and if they do, be the mature one and seek resolution.
- Ask God to help us love those who we like least.
- Recognize that God sent His Son to make peace with us even when we didn't deserve it. Surely we can do the same for our fellow man.
Simple motto — and profound impact when we follow through.
Meet the Designer
This article has undergone ministry review and approval.