Let the Word Uplift You
When thinking about what to write in my blog post, I did what I normally do when trying to search for something — I Googled it.
I searched for "upliftment" and came across a list of scriptures that this man, John Callahan, put together. They're supposed to give us hope when we feel down.
Even though I am not feeling down in any aspect of my life, just reading these 10 verses really uplifted me. How amazing is it knowing that God is always there and that He knew we would need to these words 2,000+ years later?
1. And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed. – Deuteronomy 31:8
2. I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. – Psalm 16:8
3. What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. – Psalm 56:3-4
4. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. – John 16:33
5. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:6-7
6. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. – John 14.27
7. Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. – Psalm 32:7
8. In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches. – 2 Corinthians 11:27-28
9. The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. – Psalm 34:17
10. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. – Romans 8:6
I hope these scriptures uplifted you, too. Leave a comment below telling which one you connected with most today.
This article has undergone ministry review and approval.