Join Us for Something Special
We're inviting you to be part of the Gospel Blog Virtual Christmas Program!
You heard that right. This year on the blog, we're putting on a virtual Christmas program comprised of branches from all around the church. It'll be the week of Dec. 22 to 26. Don't miss it!
In fact, we want you to be IN IT!
If your branch is putting on a Christmas presentation of your own, however big or small, please send us a video of something you're preparing. It can be
- A song the choir is practicing
- A poem the kids are reciting
- A play the teens are preparing
- An instrumental piece
Whatever you're doing, send us a video of one of your practices — or the real thing if you're having it early. We figure that most branches will be having their programs as close to Christmas Day as possible, and we don't want to wait that long to get your videos, so filming a practice is A-OK.
We want to make room in our virtual program for everyone, so please limit your submission to around five minutes or less.
If you want to submit a video on behalf of your branch, please email us NOW and let us know so that we can reserve your spot!
If your branch is putting on a program, please participate! Wouldn't you love to see what the saints from around the church are doing to honor the Lord? Here are some excuses that we don't want to hear.
- I'm not in charge. Hey, if you don't take the video, who will?
- There will be too many other branches participating. Based on past reader participation events, probably not! Plus, the more the merrier!
- What if our branch's video doesn't compare to the others? This isn't a competition.
- I don't know how to take video or send it to you. Grab a young person with a smartphone, and you're good to go.
If you plan to contribute a video to represent your branch, please send it via our submission form (and attach it as a file), or email it to TCOJCblog[at]gmail.com. Our website has wonky stuff going on, so we can't write the email address normally without triggering an error message (apologies, apologies) — just put the @ symbol in place of [at].
Thanks in advance for participating in the Gospel Blog's first-ever virtual Christmas program!
This article has undergone ministry review and approval.