'Be a David' Trivia
"Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied. This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand" (1 Samuel 17:44-45).
Have you ever had a "David and Goliath" moment? Have you come up against gigantor problems with little-to-no experience or knowledge? Have you been mocked by the behemoth size of an obstacle that says, "You'll never get past me!"
Then this quiz is for you.
God is always faithful to those who trust in Him; no task is too cumbersome, no giant is too mighty for God's power to conquer! If the faith of a young shepherd boy was bold enough for God's mighty hand to slay a giant on his behalf, then how much more is God willing to do for you?
1. Who was David's father? (David's father, not Luke's father...)
2. How tall was the Philistine champion, Goliath? (FYI, we're asking for his height pre-death. He lost some cubits after David came along!)
3. Which of these did David NOT take with him into battle? He can only carry so much...
a. Battle ax
b. Shepherd's bag
c. Five stones
4. Lions, tigers and bears, oh my! What two animals did the shepherd boy David kill to protect his flock of sheep?
a. A lion and a panther
b. A wolf and a lion
c. A lion and a tiger
d. A lion and a bear
5. Paraphrased, what were David's last words to Goliath?
a, "You're a gonner!"
b. "The battle is the Lord's, and he will give you into our hands."
c. He didn't need to say anything. He just walked up to him and threw the stone.
d. "You're a lot taller up close..."
6. My father asked me once, "Why did David carry five stones?" I didn't know, so he pondered, "Perhaps because Goliath had four brothers?" We're not sure how many brothers Goliath had, but at least one of them was killed. Who was he?
7. To which city did this small-town hero David bring the head of Goliath?
BONUS QUESTION: Soon after his face-off with Goliath, David is running for his life. Which priest gave David food and the sword of Goliath as David fled from King Saul's wrath and was also put to death for his actions?
Have fun mulling over this quiz, send us your best guesses, and we'll post the answers next Friday!
This article has undergone ministry review and approval.